POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Egg Art : Re: Egg Art Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Egg Art
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 12 Dec 2007 18:22:37
Message: <47606d3d$1@news.povray.org>
"Ross" <rli### [at] speakeasynet> wrote in message

> How do the eggs taste compared to "Organic, Free Range, No Pesticides"
> advertised eggs? Compared to Non-Organic?
>
> How does the chicken meat compare? Do you have them slaughtered or do you
> do it yourself?

Eggs taste like eggs, as far as I can tell.  The yolks are much darker
orange than available at the store, however, and they're probably healthier
too.  From everything I've read, any eggs that don't come from the store are
most likely healthier.  There's an interesting article here:
http://www.motherearthnews.com/Whole-Foods-and-Cooking/2007-10-01/Tests-Reveal-Healthier-Eggs.aspx.

Maybe it's not the best science, but I still think the test results are
interesting, to say the least.

The chicken meat is the best chicken I've ever had.  I've had others agree
with that statement, too, so it's not just me.  They eat a lot of grass, and
I guess that enhances the flavor and makes it a bit more nutritious.

I'm having a lot of fun doing it, but given the costs involved, I could
probably never justify what I'm doing unless I can start selling my
eggs/chickens at extremely inflated prices.  :-)

--
Jeremy M. Praay
www.beantoad.com